Sunday, April 22, 2012

The birthday

I share my birthday with 3 of the best people I know. I was 23 years old before I had a birthday cake I did not have to share with someone else. My twin sister and I were born on my father's birthday which was the day after his dad's birthday. So within 2 days we had 4 birthdays in our family. We always had a big party and a good time. It's been several years since we were all together on our birthday. I alwasy try to be the first to call and wish the other 2 happy birthday or beat them to the facebook birthday wish. Two years ago I was pregnant with our second child and my due date was May 8. I knew I would have a csection a few days before the due date and my birthday was only 10 days before my due date. I knew I wanted to have the baby on my birthday. Who could pass up a chance to extend the tradition by another generation? So now my son shares this special day. I hope it means as much to him growing up as it did to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment