Sunday, April 1, 2012

The toddler bed

Two years ago I cleaned out the guest room, my hubby painted the walls guacamole green and put together a brand new crib. I washed bedding and hung up a valance and washed tons of little tiny onesies and sleepers. For weeks I would tuck my then 3 year old daughter into bed and walk by that empty room and pause at the door. I would rub my extra large tummy and smile at the empty crib wondering what the baby would look like that would sleep there. This month that sweet baby boy we anticipated so much will be 2! Last month we had to change his bed from a crib to a toddler bed and I had to undo the bumper pads I tied on so carefully and put them away. The daycare has already moved him to the 2 year old room and says he is much easier to deal with b/c they go outside more and he can play in the big yard and not the baby yard. I have so loved watching my little man grow and change. His first year was rough but this second year has been such a joy! He has such a pleasant, loving personality. I'm a little sad my little man is growing up but so happy to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment