Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Whole 30: Day 11 Sick Day Protocol

I feel like my head is so clogged up it is going to pop off. How can your nose be stopped up and run/drip at the same time. If I move too fast I get dizzy. I only worked a half day today and skipped out on church tonight so cooking a full 3 meals today was not what I wanted to do. I wanted soup. I found a butternut squash soup recipe on Pinterest that I made at lunch. I had to use more coconut milk because it seemed really thick. It really seemed to be more like thick chunky potato soup and I was wanting something the consistency of tomato soup. But it worked. I heated that up with some leftover pork from Sunday for dinner. I made Hubby tuna salad with avocado cream instead of mayo and put it on lettuce. It's not my favorite of the meals we've made so far but it works in a pinch. I also made the sweet potato and sausage hash for breakfast that I made last week. I really liked it and tried it again.

Sorry this post is so all over the place tonight. Day 11 has been hard mostly because I'm sick and I want to eat convenient, comfort food when I'm sick. But we have made it through another day despite the sickness. We have a birthday party this weekend and will have to avoid the temptation of cake but I'm hoping to make chocolate chili for our dinner while the kids eat pizza (yes I know I have to eventually start weaning them off the junk too).

One thing that I have noticed doing the Whole 30 is that I spend so much time in the kitchen constantly cooking and cleaning up I feel like I miss out on time with my kids. Maybe that's why people invented convenient food. The goal was to spend more time doing things other than standing in the kitchen. But instead the pendulum has swung the other way and we spend more time staring at the TV shoving food in our mouths instead of spending time in the kitchen together.

I'm going to stop writing now and go take some cold medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment