Monday, January 11, 2016

Whole 30: Day 9 We cheated

I cheated on my Whole 30 plan. I know, I know  you all thought we couldn't make it. What was it that tempted us to stray? The scale. Part of the Whole 30 plan is to weigh at the beginning and at the end and not in the middle. The plan is to focus on how you feel and not what the numbers on that little machine in the floor say. But I couldn't help it. I was afraid I had gained weight. But I lost 3 pounds in one week! Hubby lost some too. I won't say how much for his privacy but we were pleased. So we did not eat off the plan and we are more determined than ever to complete it. We have not gone hungry, we have not counted calories or carbohydrates, and we have not even watched our portion sizes. When I am hungry I eat and when I am not hungry I don't eat. And I don't get hungry very often between meals any more. Hubby even had a meeting that included pizza and did not eat. That's dedication.

I read over on the whole 30 facebook page that statistically more people quit on day 10 and 11 than any other day. The next 2 days are apparently 2 of the hardest days of the entire plan. I don't know if it's just fatigue that the planning and cooking and everything that goes into it or maybe the new has just worn off. From what I've read this is where people find out what a strong hold food has on them. Apparently if we can make it through the next 2 days we will find lots of energy on the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment