Monday, January 4, 2016

Whole 30: Day 2

I have heard that day 2 and 3 are tough. Basically my body is going through withdrawals from sugar and processed junk. Don't think you're addicted? Try it. I dare you. I was a little concerned as I offered to keep 2 of my friends kiddos since school was still out today in addition to my 3...yep 5 kids ages 2-9. But today wasn't as hard as yesterday for me. No headaches today. We had sausage meatloaf with eggs and tomato for breakfast, chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus for lunch and turkey tacos using lettuce instead of tortillas or shells. I made my own taco seasoning as well. Think I will use ground beef instead of turkey next time. It was kind of dry. I'm really missing dairy today. Cheese, ice cream, sour cream...coffee creamer. Have I mentioned I'm addicted to coffee creamer? Hubby has had a headache almost all day. Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow. We are eating plenty. Probably had more on my plate for lunch than I do most days.

If you're wondering why I'm doing this, what are my goals... I want to feel healthy. Not tired, not worn out. I've blamed being a working mother of 3 for my being tired. Now I'm wondering if that was not the whole problem. I'd like to lose a few pounds and maybe not have any acne (mid to late 30's with acne is really just wrong).

Tomorrow I go back to work. Work with no coffee creamer. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment